Sunday, March 1, 2009

Upon Closer Inspection

Lately, I've been getting down on myself and my framers for how long it's taking to finish the house. Everyday on my way to work, I see houses under construction moving much faster than mine. These houses will look great when they're complete. They are being constructed and marketed by companies with the words 'eco' and 'green' in their titles. But, they use cheap materials, bad details, and will be energy hogs. The things I'm demanding from my framers lead them to believe I'm crazy. Maybe I am.

A great amount of effort has gone into detailing this to be the most energy efficient house possible, and hopefully one day soon it will pay off. Literally!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy like a fox!

gonzomama said...

sorry we missed you yesterday. we really wanted to come by and see the progress, but we had to get a move on because of weather.

you shouldn't get down on yourself about the progress (the framers? maybe). in the end you will have a result that you can be proud of and yes, i imagine it probably will pay for itself.

Anonymous said...

Who cares how long it takes? The end result will be worth the wait....I'm really proud of you for building this house!